Thursday 17 March 2011

Not much to say at the moment

To my annoyance my sewing machine decided to take a break and that has effectively slowed down my sewing. I quite like sewing by hand, but do the long connecting seams in a garment that way is a bit boring, not to mention slow. So my plan to have a completed swing dress today didn't pan out. I still need to finish the sleeves. I also found that I don't have enough of the fabric I had planned to use for my house dress. Luckily I have a very nice green cotton with flowers on, that I will use instead. It's really an 18th century reproduction fabric, but I have had it in my stash for years and never found an 18th century project I want to use it for. Time to set it free for something else.

A bit more fun is that there will be a burlesque yard sale in Stockholm on Sunday. I look forward to it, there will be performances as well and I think it will be great fun. I wish I had more money to spend, but it should be fun just to browse.

3 comments:

Rowenna said...

Mean old sewing machine! It *knew* you were hoping to finish that dress. Dirty trick, really :)

Stephanie Ann said...

It always happens when you need it!

Isis said...

It does, doesn't it? Luckily is is fixed now. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...