Tuesday 14 June 2011

New shoes


I just got two pair of shoes I ordered from Dance Store, to be able to cross off black walking shoes and white canvas shoes from my list. I have never ordered from them before, but only heard good things and I’m very pleased with my shoes. If you ordered, read the sizing tips for the shoe you are interested in. I have a European size 41 which is usually 9 ½ in USA. However, the canvas shoes I ordered in size 10 as that was recommended and I find that both my shoes fit perfectly. Another thing to bear in mind is that dance shoes needs to be re-soled if you are going to wear them outside the ball room.


The canvas shoes are just plain canvas shoes, not much to say about them. As they are dance shoes they are a bit more padded inside than usual, though, which makes them more comfortable.



The 1940’s peep-toed meshed oxfords are a bit more original, though. I love them! I’m not the world’s biggest fan of peep-toes, but in the 40’s the “pep” was much smaller than they are today, and these do have a small one. But then they are re-productions of this shoe.



They are really comfortable too and with heels that are a sturdy 2 inches, they will be comfortable to walk in.

6 comments:

Vintage Vicky said...

I have the white mesh peep toes and I love them! They get lots of compliments too :-)

Isis said...

Vintage Vicky: I have a feeling I might need them in white as well. :D

superheidi said...

The shape of the 1930s mesh shoe is so nice. I have a pair of black velvet ones. I bought them for dancing but am slightly dissapointed about the velvet. It gets ugly and wears of, the front of the shoes have bald patches. But for on the whole, they're quite sturdy, the shape remains and the heels are strong. I wish they came in leather. Good luck with these, will you show them on?

Isis said...

superheidi: I was tempted by the velvet ones but refrained just because I was afraid that it would get ugly. I will show mine on, I promise!

Vintage Vicky said...

Ha ha, I am also thinking of getting them in black, Aris Allen do two different designs in the black so might go for the other. I also bought the cream lace ups that are made of shoe velvet as I figured when they get dirty from the rotten English weather I can dye them a darker shade and voila! a new pair of shoes will emerge :-)

Isis said...

Vintage Vicky: Yes, some variations can be nice. :) Velvet shoes are pretty, but the Swedish weather isn't the best one for it either...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...