Thursday, 27 December 2012

Sewing 2013


Source

2013 is almost upon us and I have been thinking a lot of my sewing goals for the next year. I have almost finished my sewing room sorting and all projects have been sorted and put together. Rather alarming to see all of them in the same place, but also quite good for me, I think. I really need to learn to finish my projects and my goal for next year is to finish something every two weeks and I was very pleased when The Dreamstress started up this:


Every two weeks she gives you a challenge like underwear, embellish, striped and so on and then it will be up to you to decide exactly what and which timeframe. Unfortunately for this project she draws the line at 1938 but as I lean more and more to the early 40’s/late 30’s in my wardrobe projects, I think I will be able to sort a few things into it. And I do have other clothes to make. However, I have given myself the end of Mars to finish the last of year 1 and 2’s autumn/winter wardrobe and I will start with:

The Raincoat. It’s in the dreaded “almost” stages, which means putting in the pockets and sew together the two different layers, one of rainproof fabric, the other in wool.

Grey wool shirtwaist. I have a lovely grey wool suiting with narrow red stripes waiting.
Fur coat. High quality fake fur is lined up for this one.
Brown jacket. Brown checkered wool and a need for tailoring that I feel is a bit daunting.

Black beret. I can buy one, but I have a couple of beret patterns I want to try out.

4 comments:

Laurence said...

Santa brought me a brand new sewing machine!!! I also would like to make a sewing planning for 2013 but I have never sew with a machine... only mending by hand...
so I will start with some hankerchieves, with not an apron... and if I'm not too bad, I would like to be able to create a full red velvet circle skirt for next Xmas...

Jacqui said...

Sewing is something I keep planning on doing. I even get the pattern and fabric, but my follow-through on this never happens. One of these days I'll pick up one of the patterns I have piled up and actually do something with it!

That raincoat looks dreamy!

Lady D said...

I really want a tweed type jacket/blazer (with leather elbow patches and velvet collar)...but I can't find any in the shops I like and I'm a bit scared of the tailoring involved in makeing one.

Isis said...

Laurence: What a nice Santa! :) I'm sure that you will master it in no time!

Jacqui: I'm quite bad too. I hope I can learn to finish stuff this year...

Lady D. I know a lot of tailoring in theory but never tried it in practice. I'd lover to be able to do it, though!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...