Friday, 14 December 2012

A new year, a new blog start?


Source

 2012 is drawing to its close and for this little blog it hasn’t been that great a year. They first half of the year I struggled with my health and then it was summer and vacation and then an autumn that was kind of overshadowed by 8 weeks of plumbing renovations. Oh the mess! We are still not completely recovered from that.  I was also a bit crazy in venturing a new project that I don’t think I have mentioned here as it has nothing to do with the 1940’s. I am working on actually recreating cosmetic recipes from the 18th century to see how they actually work at Madame Isis’s Toilette. It’s great fun, at least if you are interested in makeup history, which I guess I have to admit isn’t something everyone is passionate about. Odd but true. Still, excuses, excuses, I know and despite it all I get new readers steadily, so thank you for reading!

I’m far from tired of the 40’s and I’m not at all tired of my wardrobe project, but I feel a need to get myself a boost for the upcoming year. A drawback in posting less is that I have started to second guess myself. I start on a tutorial and then I think f all the great tutorials that are already out there and I give up. I take photos of an outfit and don’t feel it is good enough and so on.  So I’m asking you, what do you want to read about? More about the wardrobe project? Makeup? Hair? Anything else? I have ventured into other decades in a few posts just because a decade doesn’t come from a vacuum. Would you find it interesting with more posts that cover1900’s-1950’s to put the 40’s in perspective?  More regular features like movie reviews and Etsy-finds? I would love to hear your feedback.
Source


As for my wardrobe project, well, it is progressing, but I still have a terrible time actually finishing a garment. I have so many things that just need a hem or button or a zipper. Apparently I have troubles letting go of my project. It’s no one’s fault but my own, but I really need to work with it.

So, let's hope for a new year with more interesting posts from me and more finished clothes!

13 comments:

Emma said...

Mer allt! Men framförallt mer om garderobsprojektet. Vi har saknat dig! :)

Kristina said...

Jag gillar att läsa om dina tankar.

Emelie said...

Det här är en av mina absoluta favoriter bland bloggar. Du ska veta att ditt garderobsprojekt är otroligt uppskattat! Det är väldigt kul att se vad det blir för plagg!

Jessica Cangiano said...

I'm sorry that this year had some rough points for you, dear Isis, and that you're blogging mojo isn't feeling fully charged at this moment. I've always adored every last thing that you've posted about, and am sure any outfit photos or tutorials you've debated about posting, but haven't yet, would be absolutely fantastic.

I like a nice mix of different posts subjects on a vintage blog, and look forward to every last thing you've going to share with us in 2013.

Early, I know - but from the bottom of my heart, I wish you a joyful, marvelous New Year.

♥ Jessica

Kate O said...

Oh, don't be so hard on yourself! I'd love to see your tutorials and outfit posts. However, having been 'out of the game' for a while myself, too, I do empathise with the general feeling that you need a kick start. I'll always be interested in what you're up to so please share xxx

snippa said...

I can only echo the previous comments. Your posts never fail to interest and inform.
Best wishes for the festive period, New Year, good health and of course, happy blogging!

Mim said...

Oooh, I have some friends who would be VERY interested in Madame Isis' Toilette - one is part of a trio of ladies who perform authentic 18th-century music; she'd love it.

I like your posts in general - you seem always to blog about interesting things, whatever you write about.

Isis said...

Emma: Tack så mycket!

Kristina: *känner mig djup* ;) Skämt åsido; Tack!

Emelie: Tack! Verkligen roligt att höra!

Isis said...

Jesica Cangiano: Thank you! The health issue wasn't dangerous, just tedious and long running. And a Happy New Year to you as well!

Kate O: I know, I shouldn't. And I won't. :)

Isis said...

Snippa: Thank you and a happy New Year!

Mim: Thank you! Please free to share the blog with anyone you think would enjoy it. :)

Anthea said...

I think you write very well and I love the topics you write about!

vintage_kitten said...

I am going through the same thing.My blog has slipped into no existant posts.either cuz I am lazy or people lack of interest.Not sure If people think I am boring or like you said so many tutorials.But for me I would love to see your tutorials.I never get bored with those how to's.Hope next year is better for you.I am hoping to blog more than I have been.and more antiqueing.xx

Isis said...

Anthea: Thank you!

vintage_kitten: I'm trying to do some bloggin planning and hopefully that will help. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...