Thursday, 28 June 2012

A change of plan

All Spring I have felt a bit stressed over my wardrobe project. The first year contains nearly the twice amount of garments as you don’t start with an empty wardrobe. The list assumes that you already have clothes when you start and then you add some. So I have decided to do what I probably should have done when I first begun- I have split the first year into two, so from now on this is a five-year plan to build a wardrobe. I hope you won’t be disappointed that you will have stay around here for another year?

The decision feels like a relief to me. I really want to go through the whole project, but the feeling of falling more and more behind were taking away some of the fun. And as I do this for my own sake I think this will just make it better. More time for sewing and quality. As you may have noticed I have changed the bar, so that the first year now is both year one and two. As I have finished some clothes already that really belong to year two, there will be a bit of a jump between the years. I hope you don’t mind too much about that!

So my revised plan for the spring and summer wardrobe now looks like this:
Brown dress in silk noil in three pieces, jacket, blouse and skirt. Fabric and pattern are purchased.
Dress in artificial silk, patterned with small flowers I have cut out the pattern pieces and started the sewing.
White washable dress Sewn together but are missing collar, closure and the finishing of hem and sleeves.
Grey suit in flannel I plan to order this one from Puttin’ On the Ritz.
Raincoat I have finally found a waterproof fabric I like and I have the pattern as well.
Black beret

My vacation starts in a week and I plan to retire to our summer house and spend my time reading, swimming and sewing!

Source: gstatic.com via Elisa on Pinterest

6 comments:

Brittany_Va-VoomVintage said...

Great idea!! Never do anything if you aren't enjoying it 100%. I love the idea of splitting it up like that. Plus, you'll have more time to work on those little details that make 40's style so amazing. Can't wait to see what you come up with!!

Beth said...

We love watching your progress, so it's great news that we get an extra year!

Erika said...

Take it in your own time! I think it's great you're recognizing the need to adapt the expectaions to reality, instead of getting an ulcer from what should be fun. And as Beth said, it's great for us as we'll get to enjoy your progress for another year! =)

Second Hand Rose said...

This is a great idea, I'd love to build my own wardrobe one day! If you put pressure on yourself you start to not enjoy it which is just a nightmare. Looking forward to seeing more of your amazing creations! XxxX http://thesecondhandrose.blogspot.co.uk

Marcela Costa :} said...

This is a really wise decision. I've just started reading your blog, but I am more than willing to stick it out for another year! :)

Isis said...

Thank you all! I do feel a lot better now when I have reached my decision.

Marcela Costa: Welcome! I hope you will enjoy yourself here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...