Sunday, 15 April 2012

Braids in my hair


After my post on braided updo's I just had to get some fake hair and try it myself. I must say that I'm rather pleased with the effect.


The way I did it was also very simple. I brushed my hair back and secured a snood over it. Then I just pinned the braids over the edge and tucked the ends into the snood.





I used two strands of fake hair for my braid as I wanted a thick one. I might re-braid it into two longer braids instead as the bulk made the braid almost too short. I still liked the effect of it, though.



A little worse for wear after being worn, so in any case I need to tidy it.



8 comments:

Andrea said...

Your hair looks beautiful! It's a very flattering look for you.

Living Vintage said...

That is very cute really cute hair and I agree with Andrea it really suits you.

Hannah said...

Gorgeous hairdo!

Isis said...

Thank you so much, everyone!

Tickety Boo Tupney - A Dash OF Worcester Sauce. said...

Oh that's really lovely and it suits you very well- I might have to try that if I can find the right colour to match my mucky blonde! Tupney x

Randi (Ginger) said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous! And a fantastic idea- if only I could find faux hair that matched my own!

Isis said...

Tickety Boo Tupney & Ginger: Thank you! I couldn't find an exakt match but I figure that no one will think it's my hair anyway, so it doesn't matter. :)

sewvintage said...

That really looks great on you. And - hmpf - I just HAD to order a fake braid myself now. ;-)
I'll be doing a little bit of German civilian 1945 reenanctment this summer and the "Gretchen" look may just be perfect for that. Thanks for the tip.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...