Sunday, 20 February 2011

A try on a forties hair-do

I tried a new hair-do today, going for the Tikki Lounge-do in Vintage Hairstyling bu Lauren Rennells.
Photobucket

I was quite pleased with the result, even if if got a bit too frizzy, but hopefully it will look better the next time I try it. I will also use rollers the next time. Now I did it with a curling iron as in the book, but it such a hassle to use. The photos aren't great, as per usual I forgot that it could be nice to have some until it was dark outside.

Photobucket

I suddenly saw a likeness to my grandmother I have never seen before- her hair looked very much like this in photos I've seen from the mid-forties.
Photobucket
Photobucket

13 comments:

paisleyapron said...

You are beautiful! I, too, prefer curlers over the curling iron. Works better for me.

Isis said...

Thank you! Yes, for me as well. I never tried hot rollers though- that is on my wish list.

Cinquefoil said...

The hair is lovely! Could try that myself too, and yes indeed, you are beautiful. :) I also noticed your lipstick, whats that shade called,or the brand, looks nice and I'm forever looking for the perfect shade...:)

Pia

Isis said...

Pia: *blushes* Thank you! The lipstick is years old, Max Factor Lipfinity 120. I don't know if you can still get it. It is a nice red that isn't too red, I think. :)

Rowenna said...

Love it! I'm forever trying--and failing--at 40s style with my hair. I think I have too much of it! Love the back of yours--very chic!

Isis said...

Rowenna: Thank you! I find it much easier to put up after I had about 30 centimetres cut off. :) Yeah, I like that part too!

gentlewomanthief said...

Wow, this look suits you very well indeed! Lovely :)

Isis said...

Thank you Gentlewomanthief!

The Zany Housewife said...

What a great hairstyle! It looks great on you too.

I may give this a try, even though my hair is super uncooperative.

p.s. love your blog!

Isis said...

Zany Housewife: Thank you! I hope you post pictures, if you do!

I like your blog too. :)

Ana said...

I just got a set of ConAir Hot Sticks after I saw Flleur's tutorial and it gave me much tighter curls without having to sleep in pins or sponge rollers than standard hot rollers. Once I get the hang of them, I'll post a photo. I do need to get that Vintage Hairstyling book soon though!

Isis said...

Ana: I'm going to pick up my hotsticks tomorrow. :) I don't mind sleeping in pin-curls, but sometime you need curls a bit quicker. :) Do post a photo! And yes, you need that book!

Unknown said...

Aww, pretty! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...